Job posting: Education Program Coordinator (Summer Position)
Level is seeking an Education Program Coordinator to work with us from May to August 2021. The Education Program Coordinator will support Level in our goal to make the Canadian justice system more accessible and equitable. More specifically, the Program Coordinator will support Level’s Indigenous Youth Outreach Program and Human Rights programming.
Level is a Canadian charitable organization on a mission to level barriers to justice by disrupting prejudice, building empathy and advancing human rights. We pursue our mission through youth outreach, public legal education initiatives, human rights research and events, and through specialized mentorship programs.
Since 2005, Level’s programming has motivated tomorrow’s lawyers, leaders and change-makers to champion social justice causes and make positive contributions to their communities. With social consciousness and student empowerment at the heart of these initiatives, students are encouraged to think critically and assess how their unique set of skills can be used to better the world around them.
This is a full-time (35 hours per week) fully remote position for 8 weeks between June and August 2021. A rate of $17/hr will be provided. The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Youth Outreach Manager and responsibilities will include:
Indigenous Youth Outreach Program
- Lead on the development of new mock trial content for Level’s Indigenous Youth Outreach Program
- Support Level’s Program Manager in creating new lesson plans and curriculum content for Level’s Indigenous Youth Outreach Program
- Communicate with other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
Human Rights Program
- Support Level’s Program Manager in expanding Level’s Human Rights Program, including the student research and advocacy initiatives, which includes our Campus Chapter Program at 12 law schools across Canada
- Support Level’s Program Manager in developing Level’s Training & Mentorship initiatives, which includes our Blazing Trails Mentorship Program, and other training initiatives as directed by the Executive Director
- Support with program evaluations
Communications and Events
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Youth Outreach Program Manager to create a strategic plan for online storytelling and marketing
- Support social media strategy and promote Level’s mission and initiatives via Level’s website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms, through storytelling, photographs and video content
- Generally, act as an ambassador of Level’s mission, vision, values and goals
- Draft blog posts for Level’s website
- Draft newsletter and other emails for online network
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Caitlin MacDonald, Youth Outreach Manager, at [email protected] by Friday May 28th at 5pm.