WE’RE HIRING: PART-TIME, CONTRACT PROGRAM CONSULTANT
Job Posting: Part-time, Contract Program Consultant, Remote
Level is looking for a motivated, energetic and hard-working individual to join our small, dynamic team for an 8-week part-time, contract position to research and develop Level's new Black Youth Outreach Program ("BYOP"). This includes working in tandem with Level’s program manager to develop, refine, and establish BYOP.
If you are passionate about advancing access to justice and youth justice education through community outreach and research, this role is for you!
Position: Part-time, Contract Program Consultant
Job Term: July 2022 – Aug 2022
Salary: $20/hour with a commitment of 20 hours/week
Reporting to: Social Justice Program Manager
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
Level is a Canadian charitable organization on a mission to level barriers to justice by disrupting prejudice, building empathy and advancing human rights. We pursue our mission through youth outreach, public legal education initiatives, human rights research and events, and through specialized mentorship programs.
Since 2005, Level’s programming has motivated tomorrow’s lawyers, leaders and change-makers to champion social justice causes and make positive contributions to their communities. With social consciousness and student empowerment at the heart of these initiatives, students are encouraged to think critically and assess how their unique set of skills can be used to better the world around them.
Level is currently in the process of launching their first Black Youth Outreach Program ("BYOP"). This program will provide justice education, opportunities, and training to Black youth across Canada. It will educate them about the Canada’s justice system as well as spark interest in careers in law. Level is now looking for a part-time, contact program consultant to assist in the implementation of BYOP’s first pilot program in Toronto, Ontario.
Reporting to the Social Justice Program Manager, the Program Consultant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Research and Drafting:
- Conduct research to identify gaps in programming available for Black youth in Ontario and research ways to address such gaps
- Draft materials and participate in expert and community interviews for the development and launch of the Black Youth Outreach Program
- Assist in developing BYOP curriculum and other program resources
- Identify and recommend strategies to implement the program across Canada
- Engage in outreach initiatives to form partnerships with like-minded organizations, education sector professionals, youth centres, and Black youth
- Help to recruit program facilitators and volunteers to run the program effectively
- Develop training and policy materials to maintain integrity of the program and meet community needs
- Help to establish an advisory board for the BYOP
- Completed or on-going education in law or law-related fields
- Experience working within the non-profit sector
- Experience with justice education or public legal education
- Knowledge and experience in issues impacting the Black community
- Strong research and writing skills
- Exceptional organizational and personal skills
- Collaborative and friendly attitude
- Interest in social justice
Please note that Level values the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This position will prioritize Black candidates. Please indicate your experience with the Black community in your application.
Your application should be saved as one PDF file and contain the following:
1) Cover letter explaining (a) why you are suited and interested in the position and (b) your experience with the Black community in Canada or elsewhere; and
Please save the file as your [Last Name]_[First Name]_[LevelJustice].pdf
Submit your application to Fatima Ahmed, Social Justice Program Manager, at [email protected] by Friday, June 24, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EST. If your application is short listed, we will contact you to schedule an interview. NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.